As a guy, the benefits of having and sticking to a solid skincare routine may not seem like they’re worth the trouble. But let us ask you something first, how would you like to part with frequent breakouts, redness, irritation, and certain visible signs of aging? What about becoming more handsome, almost instantly? Believe it or not, having a routine of taking care of your skin can get you there. How to do it? We have the answer below.
Skincare Starts With Skin Type and Skin Concern
Everyone has different skin with its own peculiarities, which means there isn’t a universal skincare routine for all. To find the right one for you, you need to be aware of your skin type and your skin concern. Skin type refers to the natural state of your skin, whether it is dry, normal, or oily. As for skin concern, it focuses on specific skin issues, such as acne, redness, signs of aging, hyperpigmentation, and irritation.
The 5 Basic Products and Steps You Need
Once you know your type and the specific problem areas you want to focus on with your skin, it’s time to choose the right products. These will depend on the number of steps you adopt in your daily regime. Generally speaking, each skincare routine has five basic steps.
1. Cleanser (to remove toxins and oils from the face, as well as to remove bacteria and other products you’ve put on your face, knowingly or unknowingly)
2. Toner (a must-have for any balanced skincare routine. Toning is particularly important for guys with acne, signs of aging, and ingrown hairs)
3. Rejuvenating serum (choose it based on your skin concern and not on the skin type)
4. Eye cream (to tackle dryness, dark circles, and puffiness)
5. Moisturizer (it’s best to have different moisturizers for the mornings and evenings. The morning one should have SPF, while the nighttime one should be very hydrating, so it reaches deep into the pores without clogging them)